Retired President Daniel Moi is responding well to treatment at a hospital in Israel where he was flown for medical check up on Sunday, March 11.
Why the retired President was admitted
Mr. Moi was booked for admission to a hospital in Tel Aviv and, according to his doctors, he was scheduled to undergo a specialised assessment of his knee which was causing him discomfort.
Who are the sources behind the information
Sources from the former Head of State’s office disclosed to Citizen Digital that “Mzee” is in high spirits and is expected to return to the country soon.
Who accompanied retired President Daniel Moi
The retired president was accompanied to Israel by his personal physician Dr. David Silverstein and his son, Baringo Senator Gideon Moi.
Moi’s health flash back
Retired Presidents Moi and Kibaki were to sit in senate according to his doctor, they were eager to have a second opinion on his knee which had been a source of discomfort to him.
Moi, who will turn 94 on September 2, ruled Kenya for 24 years between 1978 and 2002 and has enjoyed good health since leaving office. However, in January 27, 2017 the former president underwent a minor surgery on his knee at the Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi, before being released.
The problem begun in July 30, 2006 after the he was involved in an accident involving his Range Rover and Nissan Pick-up at the Rukuma View Point in Limuru. Moi was travelling to Kabarak from Machakos, where he had presided over a graduation ceremony at Scotts Theological College.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle