Coca-Cola is the largest soft drinks manufacturer in the region that has managed to
build a reputable brand for the past 7 decades. The soft drinks giant started its
operations in Kenya way back in 1948 along Industrial Area’s Addis Ababa Road and
today has four branches namely Nairobi Bottlers, Coastal Bottlers, Equator Bottlers
and Almasi Beverages Ltd which is a merger between Mount Kenya, Kisii, and Rift
Considering the fact that Kenya is being ranked as one of the top 3 markets for
Coca-Cola in Sub Saharan Africa, today we are going to look at some of the
requirements one has to meet if they are interested to be a distributor of Coca-
Cola products ( Sparkling Soft Drinks, Minute Maid Juice, Dasani water and Monster
Qualification Requirements To Be a Coca-Cola Distributor in Kenya
1.Ability to obtain appropriate bank guarantee of Kshs. 2 million.
2. Ability to raise appropriate start-up capital of between Kshs. 3 to 5 million
3. Ability to avail distribution vehicles with adequate carrying capacity as
stipulated by Nairobi Bottlers Limited.
4. Appropriately located warehouse facility comprising a minimum of 2000 square
5. Copy of Certificate of incorporation, memorandum, and Articles of the Applicant
and KRA PIN Certificate.
6. Application Letter
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
7. State your market of interest
8. You must be a dedicated and committed entrepreneur for the foreseeable future on
a full-time basis.
9. You must be committed to Nairobi Bottlers Limited Code of Business Ethics
10. You must demonstrate strong sales or general business expertise with a proven track record
11. You must be passionate about high performance and growth
12. Computer literate staff to work for stocks/bank/sales reconciliation.
13. You should have strong sales or general business expertise including door-to-door selling.
Applications should be enclosed in a SEALED envelope and addressed to:
Country Sales and Marketing Manager
Nairobi Bottlers Limited
P.O. Box 18034-00500,
The application should be deposited in the Tender Box at the Nairobi Bottlers Ltd Reception in Embakasi, North Airport Road, clearly marked ‘Application for Distributors’ or at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicated ‘Distributorship’
Investigate the Product Lines
Research Coke products. There’s a lot more to Coke than Coke. The company owns juice drinks, coffee, tea, smoothies, sports drinks, water, energy drinks, dairy products, mixers and frozen beverages. A full list is available on the CokeSolutions site. Stroll through a local grocery store to find and study these products. Talk to restaurant owners, store managers and street vendors about their arrangements with the local distributor. Not all distributors handle the full line, and in certain areas the available Coke product list may be missing a few items.
Local Market Research
Study the market that you wish to serve. Find out where Coke products are sold. Find the local Coca-Cola bottlers through the Coca-Cola Bottler Finder, on the CokeSolutions web site. All you need to access this information is your zip code. Get in touch with the company’s sales or public relations department to inquire about any partnerships it may have with smaller distribution companies in the same area. Ask if it is looking for business partners or seeking to establish subsidiaries.
Contact Coca-Cola to discover where the company is seeking new distributors and vending partners. Of course, the local distributor may have an exclusive contract with the corporate partner for its territory. Then again, it may be seeking a partner to handle smaller Coke lines such as Gold Peak Coffee. It all depends on a distributor’s size and resources. You may have an even better opening as an independent vending operator. This means developing the local market for Coke machines and/or supplying and servicing them on an established route.
Online or Phone Requests
Complete a New Business Request Form, found at CokeSolutions.com. The company needs your business name, opening date, contact information, and the product type you want to carry. Once you submit the form, a Coke rep will contact you to analyze your business and discuss any available opportunities. You can also submit the request by telephone at 800-241-COKE. (Ref 3)
In case of any further queries please contact Coca-Cola on 0727 093 444