Kibwezi West MP Patrick Musimba has won three consecutive elections vying as an independent candidate.
His first victory came during the March 2013 elections where he trounced Kalembe Ndile and incumbent Philip Kaloki to clinch the seat.
During the general election, Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) declared Musimba the winner with 17,174 votes against Kalembe’s 16,975 – a difference of 199 votes.
Dr Musimba’s victory was however shortlived as Ndile moved to court to appeal his win.
A recount found that Ndile had actually won the election beating the independent candidate with 44 votes.
Rather than granting Kalembe the victory, Justice David Majanja ordered a by-election.
Musimbi won the by-election with 17,103 votes against Ndile’s 16,928.
This was his second electoral victory still running as an independent candidate.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
During the August 2017 polls, Musimba, who was the incumbent, edged out Wiper’s James Mbaluka to earn a third stint in parliament.
Dr Musimba holds a Doctor of Philosophy Degree (PhD) in Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
In addition, he has a Master of Science Degree (MSc.) in Entrepreneurship from the JKUAT majoring in Technology Development and Innovation for Small Scale Enterprises and a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (B.Com) from the University of Nairobi majoring in Finance.
He is also the Chairman of Musimba Investment Group with interests in Technology, Security, Agro-business, Mining, Energy, Sports promotion and Ecotourism with an international reach. Kenyans.co.ke has learned that he is planning to publish a book to narrate his political journey.