Mike Sonko has responded to the widespread backlash by Nairobians over the city’s poor drainage system.
How it started and settled on Kidero’s administration
— Mnur feruz (@Fmnur) 15 March 2018
City dwellers yesterday took to various social media platforms to lament the heavy flooding as rains pounded the “Green City in the Sun.” On Twitter, the hashtag #NairobiRains has been a top trending topic for days.
In response, the governor has accused the administration of his predecessor, Evans Kidero, of squandering monies set aside for unblocking drainage systems.
According to Sonko, Kidero’s administration pocketed a staggering Sh10 Billion which had been set aside for the initiative.
“I am shocked that some Sh 10 billion set aside by the previous administration for unblocking the drainage system did not go to the intended use but ended up in the pockets of some unscrupulous characters,” Sonko said in a statement.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
Sonko’s Bottom line
“I am putting them on notice that these monies must be recovered through sweat and toil and put into good use for Nairobi residents,” he added.
Sonko at the same time apologised to Nairobians and said he has set up a round the clock emergency response team to respond to any deteriorating situation in the county.